Connect with us

entertainment

UAE Changes Work Week To 4.5 Days

Published

on

 The UAE is slashing its official working week to four-and-a-half days.

Moving its weekend to Saturday and Sunday in a major shift aimed at improving competitiveness, officials said on Tuesday. “The UAE is the first nation in the world to introduce a national working week shorter than the global five-day week,” WAM said.

The “national working week” is mandatory for government bodies from January 1. Bucks the regional norm of a full day-off on Friday for Muslim prayers.

While becoming the only Gulf country not to have a Friday-Saturday weekend. The resource-rich and ambitious UAE now comes into line with the non-Arab world.

 

ALSO READ: NEW WORK HOURS, WILL WE SEE CHANGES IN SCHOOL TIMINGS IN UAE?

KNOW THE NEW WORKING HOURS FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES                     BY UAE GOVERNMENT.

DUBAI COMES IN THE TOP THREE BEST CITIES IN THE WORLD TO LIVE IN                        2021 RANK BY EXPAT.

The UAE observed a Thursday-Friday weekend until 2006

The UAE observed a Thursday-Friday weekend until 2006. When it moved to Fridays and Saturdays with the private sector following suit.

“The extended weekend comes as part of the UAE government’s efforts to boost work-life balance and enhance social wellbeing. While increasing performance to advance the UAE’s economic competitiveness,” the WAM report said.

“From an economic perspective, the new working week will better align the UAE with global markets, reflecting the country’s strategic status on the global economic map,” it added.

“It will ensure smooth financial, trade and economic transactions with countries that follow a Saturday/Sunday weekend, facilitating stronger international business links and opportunities for thousands of UAE-based and multinational companies.”

The new arrangement is another bold step for the United Arab Emirates, which last year bucked decades of Arab consensus by normalising relations with Israel, unlocking hundreds of millions of dollars in deals.

It was generally welcomed on social media, where the subject was trending and the official WAM tweets were widely retweeted.

One Twitter user said, “Even though I have grown used to the weekend starting on Friday, I am glad this is changing.”

Read more news at: https://armarketnews.com

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

entertainment

Bob Dylan has sold his full recording catalog to Sony

Published

on

Bob Dylan has sold his full recording catalog

According to industry reports such as Billboard and Variety, the most recent Dylan deal was worth around $200 million.

Bob Dylan sold his all back catalog of recorded music to Sony Music Entertainment. Along with “the rights to numerous future new releases,” the company announced the latest high-profile deal in the recent music rights purchasing rush on Monday.

Sony did not disclose the financial assignments of the deal. However, in late 2020. The iconic American artist sold his songwriting rights distinct from recording rights. Which govern reproduction and distribution, to Universal in a deal valued at more than $300 million.

According to industry reports such as Billboard and Variety, the latest Dylan contract was worth around $200 million. Sony stated that the recording rights transaction would be completed in July 2021, tightening Dylan’s six-decade relationship with the company.

The composer of folk-rock classics such as “Like a Rolling Stone” and “Tangled Up in Blue” was signed to Sony’s Columbia Records in 1961 and released his debut album the following year.

Sony Music Group chairman Rob Stringer praised the singer-“unrivaled songwriter’s genius,” saying, “Columbia Records has had a good relationship with Bob Dylan from the beginning of his career.

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

We are tremendously proud also excited to be continuing to grow or evolve our ongoing 60-year partnership.”

Sony announced plans to work with Dylan on “a range of future catalogue reissues in the artist’s renowned and top-selling Bootleg Series,” a project. That began in 1991 and has seen the artist make public more rare, previously unreleased studio and live material.

Sony will also collaborate with Dylan on “additional projects” under the terms of the agreement. Dylan’s 39th studio album, “Rough and Rowdy Ways,” was released to critical acclaim in 2020.

Actual, at the age of 80, he continues to tour extensively, recently announcing a string of new dates in the US South. As part of a worldwide run that will last until 2024. Dylan’s Sony deal is distinct from his blockbuster publishing deal with Universal. Dylan’s prolific songwriting catalogue has been cover numerous times, making his songwriting catalogue particularly valuable.

His publishing deal with Universal was one of the most high-profile sales that preceded a flurry of music catalogue transactions in the last year, as financial markets have become increasingly attracted to music portfolios as an asset class.

The anticipated stability of streaming growth, combined with low-interest rates and dependable earnings projections for time-tested hits, is driving the trend. It’s also beneficial for artists who are concerned with estate planning. Companies have acquired major catalogues from David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks, Paul Simon, Motley Crue, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Shakira.

Get all the latest UAE Market news only on Arab Market news. Your own trust-able news portal which brings all the latest news of UAE, Dubai and world business news.

Continue Reading

entertainment

Chris Evans co-stars with Dwayne Johnson in Amazon’s holiday film Red One

Published

on

Chris Evans will co-star with Dwayne Johnson

Red One is describe as “a globe-trotting, four-quadrant action-adventure comedy that imagines a whole new universe to explore within the holiday genre.”

Chris Evans will co-star with Dwayne Johnson in Amazon Studios’ upcoming holiday film Red One. Variety’s feature film is based on an original story written by Hiram Garcia, president of Seven Bucks Productions.

According to the press, the film is “a globe-trotting, four-quadrant action-adventure comedy, imagining a whole new universe to explore within the holiday genre. The movie is start direct by Jake Kasdan, working from a script written by Chris Morgan.

Johnson is also a producer, working with Hiram also Dany Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions.

Kasdan’s production company, The Detective Agency, will work with Melvin Mar and co-producer Sky Salem Robinson to create the film.

Chris Evans will co-star with Dwayne Johnson

Chris Evans will co-star with Dwayne Johnson

The film will be shot this year, according to the producers. Evans has also recently appeared in Adam McKay’s Netflix end-of-the-world comedy Don’t Look Up, as well as Mark Bomback’s Apple TV+ series Defending Jacob. He play an assistant district attorney whose life was turn upside down when his son was charged with murder.

Knives Out, The Red Sea Diving Resort, Gifted, Before We Go, Snowpiercer, The Iceman, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Street Kings. The Nanny Diaries, Sunshine, Fantastic Four, also Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer are among his other film credits.

Kasdan is producing alongside Melvin Mar and co-producer Sky Salem Robinson through The Detective Agency. With Morgan for Chris Morgan Productions also Johnson, Hiram Garcia, and Dany Garcia for Seven Bucks.

Evans is represent by 3 Arts Entertainment, CAA, and attorney Jason Sloane; Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, and Seven Bucks Productions are represent by WME also Gang, Tyre, Ramer. WME represents mar; Kasdan is represent by WME and Sloss Eckhouse Dasti Haynes LawCo, and ICM means Morgan.

Get all the latest UAE Market news only on Arab Market news. Your own trust-able news portal which brings all the latest news of UAE, Dubai and world business news.

Continue Reading

entertainment

Thierry Mugler, a fashion designer, has died at the age of 73

Published

on

fashion designer

According to his agent, Jean-Baptiste Rougeot, the designer died of ‘natural causes.’

Thierry Mugler, the French designer who rule fashion in the 1980s and die on Sunday, was known for his fantastical couture as well as his blockbuster fashion shows. He was 73 years old.

Mugler’s daring collections came to define the decade’s power dressing. With his clothes known for their structure also sophisticate silhouettes, which were highlight by his extravagant shows.

“I always thought that fashion was insufficient on its own. And that it need to be shown in its musical and theatrical context,” he once said.

Later in his career, he dress Beyonce and Lady Gaga, and he came out of retirement in 2019 to create Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala look.

Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler

“We are devastate to declare the passing of Mr. Manfred Thierry Mugler on Sunday, January 23rd, 2022,” the designer’s official Facebook account said in a post. His agent, Jean-Baptiste Rougeot, state that the designer death of “natural causes” but add that he was set to announce new collaborations early this week.

At heart, I’m a showman.

Mugler was born in Strasbourg in December 1948, also as a young teen. He join the ballet company of the Opera du Rhin before attending the School of Decorative Arts. He began making his clothes at a young age, adapting items purchase at nearby flea markets. Mugler transferred to Paris at the age of 20 to work for another ballet company, but he was more successful with his wardrobe.

“Dancing taught me a lot about posture, clothing organization, the importance of the shoulders, head carriage, and the play and rhythm of the legs,” Mugler said.

A natural showman, he staged spectacular presentations of his creations. Ushering in the modern spectacle of the 21st-century fashion show. “The fashion shows of today are a continuation of what Mugler pioneered. The collections served as a cover for fashion shows, “Didier Grumbach, former CEO of Thierry Mugler, recalled.

He had showmanship in his blood: for his label’s tenth anniversary in 1984. He organized the first public fashion show in Europe, with 6,000 people attending the rock concert-style event.

Get all the latest UAE Market news only on Arab Market news. Your own trust-able news portal which brings all the latest news of UAE, Dubai and world business news.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Arab Market News