Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi militia unleashed a wave of ballistic missile. Adding on there were also drone attacks against Saudi Arabia on Saturday. They defied calls by the international community for a return to the peace table. However all of the missiles and drones intercepted and destroyed. Despite this falling debris from the missile that was shot down in the Eastern Province injured a boy and a girl in Dammam city, the Arab coalition supporting Yemen’s legitimate government said early Sunday.
This falling debris also caused slight damage to 14 residential houses. Coalition spokesman Brigadier General Turki Al-Maliki stated in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA). The second missile targeted the southwestern region of Najran late Saturday. This followed by a third on the adjacent region of Jazan. This shot down by Saudi air defenses at 9:23 p.m.. Al-Maliki stated this. Earlier in the day, coalition air defenses intercepted three booby-trapped drones launched by the Houthis, he said.
Houthi is working towards targeting civilian.
Civilian objects is not only hostile and barbaric, but also “incompatible with heavenly values and humanitarian principles,” Al-Maliki quoted during the SPA statement. The coalition said it is taking strict measures to protect civilians the cross-border attacks. Several measure have been taken in to work towards the havoc created. Houthis had also launched drones toward Saudi Arabia on Friday morning and evening. However both attempts intercepted.
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) strongly condemned the attacks. They praised the Kingdom’s air defense forces for intercepting them. OIC Secretary-General Yousef Al-Othaimeen affirmed the organization’s support for all measures taken by the Kingdom to protect its land, security, and stability. Al-Othaimeen added that the organization condemns Houthi aggressions and those who provide the militia with money and weapons.